now browsing by tag
Skateboarding is a great activity for young people, as well as people of all ages. However, if you are just starting out, there are some things that you should think about before you purchase your first skateboard. For example, you should be aware of just how physically demanding it is to skateboard; make sure you can handle the impact it has on your body and be able to react to changes in speed, balance, and elevation. Once you do that, you want to make sure you are going to have fun. Here are some things to keep in mind when you buy your first skateboard.
Take Deck Size into Account
When you first start skating, you may want to get a larger deck size. This will make it a bit easier to balance on the skateboard, and you will have an easier time managing your direction and speed. Although if you purchase a larger skateboard, it may seem clumsy and awkward. If you have ever been on board before, you will have a better idea of what feels right to you. Don’t be afraid to try out a few different options while you are in the store; it is better to do this than make a purchase you will regret later, or waste the money on a board that you can hardly ride because you can’t stand being on it.
Don’t Spend Too Much Money
Skaters, especially in the first few months that they are riding will be much more likely to fall. This puts them at a higher risk for injury and almost guarantees that your first skateboard will break quickly. This isn’t a good thing for anyone, but you should definitely remember this as you make your selection. It is a good idea to buy a quality board, but don’t buy the one that you have your heart set on just yet. Start with something strong, durable, and easy to ride. This way, you have time to get used to riding without having to worry about breaking a board that you spent a fortune on.
Always Buy Safety Gear
You might feel silly wearing safety gear, but it is definitely a good idea. You can prevent horrible accidents from becoming much worse. Rather than cracking your skull on the cement and risking permanent damage from a concussion, you can instead just knock your helmet off of the ground, get a drink of water, and get back to skating in no time at all. It is much better to risk looking uncool than to risk injuring yourself or others. And, lately, companies have been coming out with gear that looks much more attractive.
These three things will help make sure you have the best skateboarding experience possible as you first start out. Remember, it is not nearly as easy as many people make it out to be, and you may have difficulty when you initially begin skating. Be careful, and don’t give up. This is a great way to relax, have fun, and get exercise, especially if you have a busy schedule. Everyone has time to skate, and it can be so good for you, as long as you do it right. So go out, buy your first skateboard, and enjoy every flip and fall along the way of learning how to use it.
Share and Enjoy
If you want to gift skateboards to your friends who love skating then it would be a great idea.
Give Skateboard as a Gift:
The perfect gift that you can give to skaters is skateboards. Skateboards are accessible in different styles and quality. The price should not be an issue if you are going for quality but still the price of these skateboards also varies. These boards are selling up to $120 but these are also available in less price. Low price skateboards may be of not good quality and bring serious injury to your friend.
Tech Deck Fingerboards:
If you are not in a position to gift someone a full pro grade skateboard then there is nothing to worry at all. You can gift Tech Deck Fingerboard and if you give it of some brand which he likes the most then that’s a great gift and he will love to keep and use it.
Skateboard Brand Clothing:
Here is another option for you to gift the brand clothing to your skater. In case of brand conscious skaters gift them shirts or hoodies of their brand choice.
There are different websites where you can go to find the best skateboarding videos to gift. If you are still confused then try to find out the favorite skaters of the person to whom you are going to gift these videos. These skating videos will help him/her to improve skating skills.
To gift skateboarding shoes is a great idea. The best approach to find is that check out top 10 skateboarding shoes and choose the one which you thinks better otherwise you can also go for some branded skating shoes.
Skateboarding Camps and Clinics:
Best way to learn skating is to practice a lot at the proper places. One of the best gifts that you can give to your skater is that give him/her an opportunity to stay at skating camps for few days. For giving such a splendid surprise you can make a search and find the nearest camp.
You can give Practice Equipment:
There is also alternative or new skating practice equipment which you can gift such as Indoboards and Practice Trucks for the beginners.
Skateboarding Instructional DVD:
You can gift Instructional skateboarding DVDs skater who is a learning kid or he is in the beginning stage of skating and it will help him in learning the basics of the skating and all the tricks that are needed to learn.
Skateboard Gear Gift Certificates:
Skateboard gear gift certificates are one of the finest choice that you will ever make and its best for picky skaters.
Wild Grinders Toys:
Wild Grinders toys are actually cartoon character toys which are very popular these days. These wild grinders toys are available everywhere and you can also place an online purchase order for it.
Thus you can choose skateboards to gift or any other relating thing but equally this will be a great idea to surprise someone.
Share and Enjoy
Skateboards Australia is considered to be durable because of their reliable and long running skateboard wheels. The very mandatory precaution that you ought to keep in mind while buying a long board Australia skateboards is to keep a sharp eye on its wheel because these are the wheels that give your ride a long run.
Some mandatory precautions you ought to keep in mind while choosing a long board Australia skateboards wheels:
While choosing long board Australia skateboards wheels, you ought to keep some precautions in mind. When you will choose a long board Australia skateboards after working on precautions then you can keep it for long run and can play your game amusingly.
Quality of resistance to abrasion:
In order to avoid slip and fall, you ought to look at the resistance quality of the skateboard wheel. The higher will be the resistance quality of the skateboard wheels would be the lesser will be the chances of fall.
DO pick the long board Australia skateboards wheels made up of polyurethane:
So choose the skateboards Australia wheels which are made up of polyurethane. The reason is, it’s the material which enhances the resistance of wheels and thus avoids the falls and slips.
Pick PU wheels – As they are inexpensive:
You can also best choose PU wheels of skateboards Australia if your budget is inflexible. PU wheels are not only reliable but they are also cheaper as well.
Look at skateboards Australia wheel’s grip:
Gripping power keeps the wheels reliable and easy to use. Look at the screws with which it is grasped. Moreover, griped wheels are considered to be effortless to control and easy to run.
Have a look on skateboards Australia wheel’s diameter – It will control speed and acceleration:
While choosing the skateboards Australia wheels, do have a look on the diameter of the wheels. The typical range of wheels diameter is 49-75 meters. Do try to choose bigger wheels. The reason is, bigger wheels give a smooth run. But don’t try much bigger wheels they can give a dumb fall as well. Best is to get wheels of optimum diameter.
Tips for maintaining skateboards Australia wheels:
For accurate maintenance you ought to remain alert and careful. Wheels of the skateboards Australia demands some attention and time. Do try to give then maintenance services periodically.
Tighten the screws of skateboards Australia wheels:
Screws of wheels often get loosed with passage of time. Especially when you keep long board in use in daily routine then they often starts losing the screws. In order to maintain your skateboards Australia for long time, do tights the screws periodically. You can do it by yourself with help of tighter.
Skateboards Australia wheels are the most important accessory of skateboards. These are skateboards Australia wheels that gives speed, acceleration and run to your ride. Try to choose skateboards Australia wheels after doing some precautionary measures. Moreover, skateboards Australia wheels ought to be maintained by giving periodic services.
Share and Enjoy
It is very nice to have famous skaters to look up to. There are some guys that became true legends when it comes to skating. These skaters are great, especially when it comes to showing new skaters that it is always possible to become a star. These guys are great examples! Let’s know more about the top 10 best skaters of all time! You will certainly love to watch them!
- Tony Hawk – perhaps the most famous name in skating today (and for the last decade). Tony Hawk has retired over 10 years ago, however as soon as he retired a great video game was released. The game has brought the skating world up and since then has been making the sport even more famous. Tony Hawk has also accomplished the 360 trick, which no one else was able to beat yet.
- Rodney Mullen – Another very famous name among pro skaters. Rodney is used to recording videos where he shoes his abilities on the street. He knows no boundaries.
- Bob Burnquist – Specialist in skateboard verts, Bob has won award after award. He is also very famous because over the last decade he keeps on exceeding people’s expectations. He is far from retiring.
- Daewon Song – He shows that technicalities of great street skateboarding. You will be able to see him doing his best while on the street! Although he never participates of the skating X games, this skate lover is bound to remain on the skate parades for years yet.
- Elissa Steamer – The pro skater in the girl’s world. Winner of over dozens of contents all over the world. This lady came to show that skating is also a great thing for women. She has been part of the Tony Hawk games for years and between 2004 and 2005 she was the only females to be part of it. She has been showing her talent since 1999 and has no plans to stop.
- Jamie Thomas – Skater, Christian and also designer on his skating businesses, Jamie Thomas has been showing his talents and selling his products. He is a very famous name among the industry.
- P- Rod – P-Rod or Paul Rodriguez Jr. is a well known name in the skateboarding world. He is professional, was sponsored by worldwide famous company Nike and is also an actor. He is very charismatic.
- Ryan Sheckler–Young and full of awards, this is what best describes this guy. He has won award after award, being loved by some and hated by others. He is also a very common face among skateboarding advertisement.
- Rob Dyrdek – He knows how to present his videos. He was one of the first skaters to release really professional looking videos. His charisma and façade have helped him achieve even higher places among skateboard lovers. He has a very nice talent for the show biz as well. Today he has a TV show and has also been featured in some famous video games.
- Danny Way – He loves stunts! He is the real trick guy from the skateboard world. Although he has already went through several surgeries he has won several awards.
Share and Enjoy
When you look for a longboard you are certainly searching for the best one right?! Well, sometimes finding the best longboard is a matter of taste, however there are some items that you can have as a reference. There are certain longboards skateboard that will certainly add up to your collection! Get to know them in this article! Happy shopping for the best longboards! Here is a small list of the top longboards available in the market today.
• Sector 9, Lookout! – This model is the perfect board for all levels. For a very competitive price, this model has been gaining space in the market thanks to its quality and obviously lower price. This brand worries about quality and style, therefore they have amazing printings on their skate boards.
• Atom Pintail – A great quality board for those who struggle with balance. This is a great model for those who are still learning or that would simply like to have a “helping hand” while trying to keep balanced. The model is beautiful, sturdy and is also sold for a very nice price.
• Quest super Cruiser – This is a board that is perfect for those who love fine designs. This is a very famous brand worldwide thanks to its modern design and very competitive price. Every professional skater has already touched one of these babies.
Now that you already know some of the best brands and models out there in the market, it is time you learn a couple things regarding the quality of the materials used to produce the boards! Are you ready?
The top three materials that make the best boards are maple, bamboo and carbon fiber. Maple is the most common material because it is sturdy and lasts for a long time. Some boards have the addition of bamboo to its composition in order to enhance the general flexibility of the board. Now most professional skaters would rather have their boards made out of carbon fiber. Carbon fiber boards are more expensive hence the fact that they are sturdy, light and very easy to handle.
Wheel shape and size
Not all wheels are the same. Wheels with lips are much better for those who would like to be more accurate. Not, if you want to speed and go much faster the flat wheels are the best option for you. It is also important to pay attention when it comes to the diameter of the wheels. Larger wheels are much better for those who would like to speed. The “smaller” ones are better for those who prefer to simply ride, with no specific purposes.
It is very important to know exactly what you would like to do with your board before you actually purchase one. Sometimes the board your friends prefer might not be the best option for your needs. It is essential to research and to know more about the longboard brands before you make any purchase. Keep these tips on mind and buy the best board possible!
Share and Enjoy
There are several types of blank skateboards available. If you are looking for something that you can ride without having to put one together, then your best bet is a complete skateboard. These are really good skateboards. They come prepackaged with a blank deck, blank wheels, blank trucks, hardware and grip tape. These types of blanks skateboards are very durable. You can get blank skateboards in just about any color you can think of. It really depends on what you have in mind. A lot of skaters will buy blank skateboards and then decorate them with their favorite stickers.
Another type of cheap blank skateboards are skateboards that you put together yourself. Trust me you do not need to be a master mechanic to put one of these together. Basically your blank skateboard box will contain a single blank skateboard deck, two blank skateboard trucks, four blank wheels, some bolts and nuts, a couple risers and a piece of skateboard grip tape. A beginner skater can generally put one of these blank skateboards together in about thirty to forty five minutes. It is a lot of fun putting one of these together. You can express yourself however you want when building your cheap blank skateboards!
Good skateboards are available at many places. Millions of blank skateboards are sole each and every year in the United States, and I am sure tons are sold in other countries and overseas worldwide. Skateboarding has become one of the fastest growing sports of the century. Historically, surfers would surf the waves of the ocean. A skateboard is just an extension of the wave, only you ride it on the concrete. Can you imagine trying to ride your blank skateboard on the water? Okay, never mind. Sigh.
Blank Skateboards or Pro Boards?
There are several brand name skateboards you can buy as well. I will discuss some of the better brands in some of my other articles. If you are a beginner skater, just starting out, I would highly recommend either buying new blank skateboards that you put together yourself, or cheap blank skateboards that are already put together and ready to skate. These complete blank skateboards are already put together so you can hit the ground running. Personally I like to spend the time putting together a brand new blank skateboard. It just feels a little more rewarding when I am out on the streets doing tricks or carving it up.
Blank Skateboards Are Good Skateboards and Easy On the Pocket
The reason I recommend blank skateboards for beginners is that you will save a lot of money if you have to repair your blank skateboards. Skateboard decks can break in half, wheels can wear down, and trucks can break and just about anything can happen.
The good news is that if you have blank skateboards as opposed to pro skateboards, the replacement costs of blank skateboards and parts are much cheaper. If you go out and spend some dough on a brand name board and then you hit a jump and crack the deck, it’s going to cost you some cheddar.
On the other hand, if you are a seasonal skater, then take your pick. You may want to purchase cheap blank skateboards and then upgrade them with pro trucks wheels and bearings. Or you may want blanks skateboards and pro skateboards. Use the blank skateboards when doing tricks like jumping skateboard ramps or grinding the rail and use the pro board when you just want to cruise.
Here is a quick list of the top selling blank skateboards and parts:
Moose Blank Skateboard Decks
5 New 8” Natural Maple Blank Skateboards
Warning Blank Complete Skateboards
Moose Blank 8” Blank Skateboard Deck (Dipped White)
Pro Blank Canadian Maple Blank Skateboard Deck
Blank Skateboard Wheels
Blank Mini Skateboard Trucks
10 New 8.25” Natural Maple Blank Skateboard Decks
How to Choose the Best Blank Skateboards?
Realistically, it usually comes down to money. How much money do we want to spend when buying blank skateboards? So apart from money being the main factor, what else? How about durability. I don’t know about you but I can guess if you are going to put some hard earned dough out you want something that is half way decent in quality and will last for a while. From my personal experience, I have had great success with Canadian and Maple blank skateboards.
Blanks Skateboards Summary
Let’s sum it all up. If you are a skater looking for a new ride, then blank skateboards and cheap blank skateboards will definitely save you some money. And remember; don’t think just because these cost less that they are cheaper in quality. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. If you stick with Canadian and Maple blank skateboards, you will be in good shape. There are many blank skateboards available so take a look around our site and learn more about the skate products that we recommend.
Share and Enjoy
Your longboard to snowboard is not enough when it comes to learning! It is important to keep in mind that snowboarding is one of the hardest sports to learn – but not impossible! This is addictive, fun and very stylish to say the least! In order for you to learn how to snowboard there are a few steps that should be followed – previously, during and afterwards! Ensure you do it right from the very beginning, read these tips and have the whole process go flawlessly!
• Before you begin throwing yourself and your skates on the snow it is essential that you dress accordingly. Snowboarding usually happens while temperatures are below zero, so make sure you are warm enough not to undergo any risks. Keep warm and also invest in high quality safety gear, this can save your life!
• Make sure everything fits correctly – if you have the right equipment but it does not fit then make sure you change it immediately! It is never safe to learn how to snowboard with unfitting items that might compromise your performance.
• A stomp pad can help – stomp pads are great friends when you are still getting used to your board. This will give you a nice help when your feet is still looking for the board. These are easy to use and not expensive at all.
• Choose the right board for you – There are several different types, brands, styles and colors for you to choose. Although the style is important, what comes first is the right board for your weight and height. Your board should be as tall as your chin or nose. Shorter and bigger will make everything much harder for you.
• The board’s width is also important – Your board should be as wide as your foot. Not smaller, not bigger.
• You do not need a professional board to begin – Of course boards come in all styles, sizes and prices. Although some people tend to believe that the most expensive boards are the best for learning it is not true. If you would like to save money while learning, no problem! You can buy a light used board and learn just as fast!
• Choose your lead foot – when snowboarding you will need to choose a fix lead foot that will help you with balance. You can easily learn which foot works better for you by asking your friend to push you while you stand. Whichever foot you step first is your lead foot.
• Make sure you always have someone with you – when you have everything settled and you are ready for the mountains it is essential that you do not go alone. This sport can hurt and if you are alone chances are you freeze to death. Always have someone beside you, at all times. This is the best way to ensure that you will be safe and in case anything goes wrong you will have immediate help. If you keep such tips in mind snowboarding will be even more fun – and even safer!
Share and Enjoy
Choosing the right boots to snowboard can be quite challenging, especially if you are a beginner. Although some people make some small mistakes sometimes, it is possible to buy the perfect boots right away. In order for you to find the right set for you it is important that you understand a few things first. Keep on reading and learn how to buy the perfect snowboarding boots for you!
• The right fit – Although this might seem obvious for any pair of shoes it is especially true when we are talking about snowboard shoes. The boots should fit you comfortably – not any bigger, not any smaller. Most boots seem quite tight when brand new. Time will make your boots feel the right way.
• How flexible is your boot? – This is very important to know. The snowboard boots come with different levels of flexibility, some are stiff and others are quite flexible. Softer boots are the best option for those who are beginning and also for females. Men who are used to the sport usually prefer stiff for better balance.
• Lacing – There are different kinds of lacing. The traditional lacing is the easiest option for those who want to easily adjust their boots as they go. This is also very good for those who break laces often, after all the laces can be changed quite easily in case of breaking. Now, the quick pull lacing has different lacing systems for the ankle region and the forefoot. This is a nice option for professionals. There are other types of lacing, but they are more common among professionals.
• Foot beds – Some people find snowboard boots quite uncomfortable. This is especially true for those who are using brand new boots. Such pain can be reduced if the person purchases foot beds. There is no problem to wear such items as they will not compromise user’s overall performance.
• Socks – Although this might seem like just a detail it is not. It is very important to buy proper snowboarding socks that are made of synthetic materials and that keep moisture away. Socks are not expense and are very important!
Some common mistakes!
• Make sure you do not spend all your time looking for the best board! Although the board is important there are other things that you should also worry about. Spending hundreds on a board is not necessary.
• You should never buy boots that are bigger and that seem to be more comfortable. These boots are supposed to be snug. They will get looser with time. If you buy bigger boost they will become too big after a while and you will need to buy brand new ones fast.http://www.backcountry.com/sc/snowboard-boot-buyers-guide.
• Taking advice from friends regarding board and boot sizes. Of course your friends are trying to be nice, however sometimes what is good for them is not the best for you. It is important for you to find the right boots for you according to your foot size, and not someone else’s. It is also important to buy a board that is good for your size and weight.
Share and Enjoy
Snowboarding is not a sport that can be done without any safety equipment. Although it might seem like something simple, however it is not. Every year dozens of people all over the world die because of their lack of safety while skateboarding. There is much more than the skate board to worry about. It is necessary to consider several other expenses other than the board itself. People need to have the right clothing, the right board and also the right safety equipment. The sport can only be done when the person has these three items in check!
Keep on reading and find out more regarding the essential items every snow lover should have in order to snowboard.
• The right snowboard – It is a must to have the right snowboard before you begin. Although some people tend to borrow boards while learning this is not correct. Every board should perfectly fit its rider. Boards should be compatible with height, foot width and weight. The right board when standing tall should reach the chin or nose of the person. If yours is smaller or even taller then make sure you change it right away.
• The snowboard clothing – Special pants and a jacket will not do. There are specific items that should be part of a snowboarder’s backpack. The very first thing to wear is the long underwear, with shirt and pants. It is important to assure that such vest is not made of cotton. Then you will need to wear gloves or mittens. You can wear a turtleneck if you are too cold. Apart from that you should add the proper snowboarding pants, jackets, socks and also boots. Make sure your clothes will keep you warm and that no water will get through them.
• The right gear – It is essential to always have the proper gear. The basic items every single snowboarder should carry are the proper snowboard, snowboard boots, backpack or even duffel bag to accommodate all equipment, goggles, sturdy helmet and fitting writs bands.
• Accessories – There are some essential accessories that every snowboarder should carry on their backpacks. One of them is the old lip balm. This is a needed item for both males and females, after all the weather can get pretty rough, especially on the lips. You can also carry Sunscreen so your skin will not get dry or even burned because of the cold. Apart from these two items you can also carry a bandana to wipe your goggles clean.
Make sure you invest in high quality items, after all it is your safety! Of course you do not need to have super professional snowboards and helmets, however make sure you do not buy the cheapest item on the store. It is very important to pay attention to the items you carry and wear, after all, using lower quality items can get you severely injured. Snowboarding should be fun and safe, and not a sport that people only get hurt!
Share and Enjoy
Snowboarding clothing is one of the most important things when you are out buying snowboarding equipment. Without the right clothing, you will be miserable, and end up either going home, or spending most of your winter snowboarding trip in the lodge instead of enjoying time on the slopes. While many people think that thermal underwear is enough, buying the right snowboarding clothing is just as important.
Snowboarding clothing is an important part of snowboarding equipment, and should be on the top of your list of considerations. There are many different brands, and sometimes it can be confusing when trying to determine which the best is. When picking out your jacket, what is important is that it is made from high quality materials, and that the seams and zippers are double stitched so your jacket will last a long time. You want to find one that keeps both water and wind at bay, is easy to move around in, and has enough room for layering your under clothes. You should also pick a ski jacket that has some kind of removable liner, to add or take away from your layering.
Another big part of snowboarding clothing is choosing the right hat, because this is where you will lose most of your body heat, especially if you are an early morning snowboarder. You want one that is made from fleece or some other similar material. This will keep your head warm, but is breathable. You don’t want something that is going to cover your whole face, because you will add moisture every time you breathe into it. This will freeze up, cause your goggles to fog up and also restrict your ability to see.
Part of your warmth when picking snowboarding clothes is in layering. It is good to have a base layer of snowboarding clothing that is made from a material that will draw your sweat away from your body. Some kind of silk or knitted fleece is good for this. The next layer should also be of some light weight material, which is going to be your main form of insulation.
Gloves are also an important part of snowboarding clothes, and these should be waterproof and fit loosely enough to make sure you have enough circulation in your hands, but also tight enough that you can grip your poles securely. You should also get some waterproof snowboarding pants, or bib overalls, in order to make sure that your legs stay warm and dry. You should have a good pair of ski socks, ones that are snug and warm, but also allow for blood flow to your toes. They should be made from a material that draws away moisture, so your feet won’t sweat and then turn to ice.
There are many different resources to help you find the right snowboarding clothing. You can get online and check many different websites as there are many snowboarding apparel sites available. It may be a good idea to start with one of your local ski shops first, since they will have a variety of different products and brands all in one location. Since the sales people will probably be snowboarders themselves, they will be able to answer all your questions and give you some really good advice.